I CAN’T, BUT I KNOW A GUY
KRSTAFER PINKERTON
I CAN’T, BUT I KNOW A GUY is a Southern country-gospel rock song about strength, humility, and remembering where every good thing truly comes from.
The inspiration appeared in the middle of an ordinary hardware-store aisle. A laughing man wore a black shirt bearing a cross and a simple declaration: “I can’t… but I know a Guy.”
That shirt preached an entire sermon without a pulpit. It did not celebrate helplessness.
It pointed beyond human limitations to Jesus Christ, the One who commands the storm, moves mountains, forgives sin, restores the fallen, and gives us strength for whatever He calls us to do.
I have worked with my hands, endured difficult roads, investigated records, followed evidence, confronted powerful institutions, and stood before a few giants of my own.
But every victory carries a spiritual danger: the temptation to believe I accomplished it alone. Pride can quietly take the wheel, and pride often drives fastest just before the crash.
“Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” — Proverbs 16:18
This song is my prayer that God will keep me humble when people applaud, keep my motives clean when my platform grows, and keep my knees bent when blessings arrive.
I never want confidence to harden into arrogance. I never want a title, talent, achievement, or public platform to become a throne. I am dust carrying the breath of God, and every heartbeat is borrowed grace.
Humility does not mean pretending we are worthless, weak, or incapable. It means recognizing the Source of our worth, strength, courage, wisdom, and opportunity. We still lace up our boots. We still answer the call. We still work, investigate, plant, build, speak for the wounded, defend the vulnerable, and stand for truth when powerful people would rather we remain silent. But we do it knowing that we can plant and water while only God can bring the increase.
David carried the sling, but faith brought down the giant. Moses struggled to speak, but God gave power to his voice. Peter stepped onto the water, began to sink, and cried out to the Savior who reached for him. Paul possessed education, determination, and influence, yet counted it all as nothing compared with knowing Jesus Christ.
That is the heart of this song:
I will work like it matters and pray while I try.
I will carry my calling without confusing myself with the One who called me.
I will stand boldly while remaining teachable.
I will accept responsibility without claiming God’s glory.
I cannot do everything, and I was never supposed to.
Jesus said, “Without me ye can do nothing.” — John 15:5
Father, when my name grows louder, let Yours rise higher. When my platform grows wider, keep my heart bowed before the King. When I am tempted to boast about the battles I survived, remind me that You sustained me through every one of them. Give me a strong back, clean hands, a compassionate heart, and a teachable mind.
I cannot move every mountain.
I cannot calm every storm.
I cannot purchase mercy or earn grace.
I cannot save myself, much less become the savior of anyone else.
But thank God, I know a Guy.
If this song speaks to your heart, share it with someone who is carrying more than human strength can bear. May it remind all of us that surrender to Christ is not defeat. It is where genuine strength begins.
#ICantButIKnowAGuy #CountryGospel #SouthernRock #ChristianMusic #GospelMusic #Faith #JesusChrist #Humility #OriginalMusic #countryrock #faith #southerngospel #tabletoftheheartrecords #outlawcountry #countrygospel #southernrock #christianmusic
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário