DUST AND ASHES IN COWBOY BOOTS by
Krstafer Pinkerton
“Dust and Ashes in Cowboy Boots” is a Southern country-gospel testimony about humility, stewardship, temptation, and recognizing where every good gift originates.
I did not arrive where I am through intelligence alone.
Whatever ability I have to write music, examine records, uncover hidden connections, or develop legal strategies that help vulnerable people was made possible by God.
I may hold the pen and carry the papers, but the wisdom, strength, opportunity, and breath came from above.
That truth is the heart of this song.
I am an old country boy, a redneck by choice, and a cowboy when I put on my hat.
Beneath the leather, buckle, suspenders, and boots, however, I remain what Abraham called “dust and ashes.”
My abilities do not make me superior, and my work does not make me infallible.
Every word must still be tested by evidence, Scripture, conscience, and prayer. A gift is not a throne. It is a trust.
The song begins with one of faith’s simplest promises: we may ask God for wisdom and His Spirit.
But asking requires humility. It also requires us to examine our motives.
Are we asking for wisdom so we can serve, or for wealth so we can escape responsibility and feed every appetite?
A lottery fortune without character can become another chain.
Money is not automatically evil, but neither is every profitable opportunity a blessing.
Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms and glory of the world in exchange for worship and compromise.
Jesus refused. He did not pray for riches, status, or an easy road.
In Gethsemane, He prayed, “Not My will, but Yours,” and received the strength to complete His Father’s will, even when obedience led toward the cross.
“Faithful with little, then faithful with more” is not a promise of mansions, luxury, or gold on the door.
The “more” may be greater responsibility, heavier burdens, more wounded people to serve, more truth to defend, and more crosses to bear.
God measures stewardship by faithfulness, not by the size of a bank account.
This song is also a prayer over my music and investigative work:
If God gives me a song, let me sing for the scarred.
If He gives me a mind, let me study what is hard.
If He opens records that powerful people wanted concealed, let me follow the trail until the truth is revealed.
If He gives me a strategy that strengthens the weak, let me never steal His glory when He teaches me to speak.
Pride cries, “Come see me.”
Faith kneels and says, “Lord, use me.”
If a song heals a heart, the glory is His.
If truth reaches the light, the glory is His.
I may stand before giants, but the strength is not my own.
I am dust in these boots, but I do not walk alone.
Musically, “Dust and Ashes in Cowboy Boots” blends a weathered baritone with conversational rap, boot-stomp drums, acoustic guitar, organ, harmonica, fiddle, and a rising gospel-choir finale.
It is country faith with dirt beneath its fingernails: honest, imperfect, grateful, and determined to serve.
Scriptural foundations:
James 1:5
Luke 11:13
Genesis 18:27
Matthew 4:8–10
Luke 22:42
Luke 16:10
1 Peter 2:21
James 1:17
Released by Tablet of the Heart Records.
If this song speaks to you, share it with someone carrying a burden, confronting a giant, or learning that humility is not weakness. It is knowing exactly where your strength comes from.
All this, not for my glory, but for His glory.
#DustAndAshesInCowboyBoots #CountryGospel #SouthernGospel #ChristianCountry #CowboyFaith #FaithOverPride #GodGivenWisdom #CountryRock #GospelMusic #TabletOfTheHeartRecords #outlawcountry #southerngospel #faith #evidencebeforeallegiance #tabletoftheheartrecords #investigativejournalism #countrygospel #southernrock #christianmusic #accountability
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário